The Sterling Difference
Independent. Empowered. Local.
Real Estate is local. Shouldn’t your real estate business be too?
- Successful real estate agents know that a thriving practice is built upon repeat client business and referrals that come from their local market and their own sphere of influence. Sterling Johnston is locally-owned, locally-grown and locally-operated.
Independent vs. Franchise
- Franchise brokers are limited on how they operate, brand, and market themselves. With the support of Sterling Johnston, brokers have the freedom to find their own voice and be their own brand.
- Freedom to work anywhere with no restrictive farming areas
- No corporate CRM that keeps your clients’ contact information
- Fun Facts about independent real estate firms:
- 8 out of 10 U.S. real estate brokerages are independents
- 97% of independent brokers say they aren’t considering joining a franchise. (Residential Specialist, Shryer)
Your choice: use Sterling Johnston branding or create your own
- Sterling Johnston proudly allows you to operate under your own designated business name if you choose.
- Build your own brand; leave the liability and overhead to us.
Care. Attention. Results.
Work from home. Work from high energy offices. Either way or both, we’ve got you covered.
Sterling Johnston owned building
Lounges, training room, recording studio, offices
SOME OF THE BEST BROKERS IN WASHINGTON ARE AT STERLING JOHNSTON
1. Is Sterling Johnston connected with real estate partnerships beyond Washington state?
Yes! Sterling Johnston partners with over 130 select independent real estate brokerages through Leverage Global Partners. This provides our brokers with networking opportunities with leading agents, teams and other brokerages worldwide. Leverage Global provides our brokers with international and national leads, public relations opportunities, digital and social media outreach, and targeted advertising for luxury listings.
2. Are there desk fees?
There are no desk fees. Sterling Spaces are available to brokers 24/7 (desks, meeting rooms, lounges, computers, stocked hot beverages, video recording studio, printers, shredders and more). Additionally, several private offices are available for rent.
3. How will my deals get processed? How quickly will my commission checks get paid?
Our transaction management system is streamlined, simple and 100% online through Transaction Desk. Commissions are deposited directly into your bank account within a business day.
4. How do the costs compare to other brokerages?
At Sterling Johnston, you’ll always keep 80%-100% of your commissions and choose the pricing plan that works best for you. We offer the highest levels of personalized service in the industry for up to 30% less.
5. Service is important to me. When I need help, who do I call?
Exemplary levels of service are the cornerstone of Sterling Johnston. 8 highly skilled Broker Services team members are available on a moments’ notice via phone, email, text or Teams. working to anticipate and exceed the expectations of our brokers on business growth consulting, marketing support, deal and negotiation strategy, transaction support, licensing, professional development and more.
Why did we start Sterling Johnston? In a word: passion. Whether it be investing, selling, managing properties, or even doing projects around the home — we love real estate.
After years of working as real estate brokers with national franchise firms, we envisioned a better model. A brokerage that put brokers’ businesses at the forefront instead of the company. Modern, interesting office spaces where brokers could produce, meet clients, collaborate, and get inspired. A culture that would celebrate and respect our vibrant local communities. And a place where brokers felt empowered to succeed and build security for their families.
In 2009, we saw an opportunity to create an independent brokerage for experienced agents looking to reach that next level of prosperity and happiness. At Sterling Johnston, our brokers are the main event. We wouldn’t have it any other way.